Tuesday 31 December 2013

Last run of the year!

This morning I went out for my last run of the year! I got up to go for a run yesterday but I decided not to go out when I heard the wind! Determined to fit in another run before the end of the year I got up early and went out for a run today instead.

I didn't have a lot of time as I was meeting my friend for a cup of tea late morning. I decided a short run was better than no run though! I ran for 3km and overall it was good. I walked for a short part of the run after 17 minutes, but it was mostly running. I was full of energy when I got home and I'm so glad I went out! I still find running difficult but I am impressed with my progress in the few months since I started! I struggled to run for 30 seconds at a time when I began and now I'm doing a 5k parkrun most weeks :-) I am hoping to do the Newcastle Parkrun on Saturday :-)



I still cannot believe how much my life has changed in a year! This time a year ago I never dreamed that I'd be a runner, yet here I am..funny how things turn out. I absolutely wouldn't change it for the world. I've found a new hobby, made new friends and have new (running!) goals for 2014! I can't wait to see what the new year will bring for me!

Wishing you all a year that is filled with happiness, love, laughter (and running!)

No comments:

Post a Comment