Wednesday 23 October 2013

Gibside Fruit Bowl

On Sunday I went to Gibside with Joanne, Craig and Toni to support the Gibside Fruit Bowl. I'm a National Trust member but haven't been to Gibside previously so I was looking forward to it.

We got there nice and early and met up with some of the Beer Tenters, which made a good photo opportunity!



Once the race started we cheered the runners on and took some photos. Once they ran past us (the first time) we took the opportunity to take in the scenery and explore. It was quite a nice day for October and we enjoyed walking around while waiting for the runners to pass again. Toni had lots of fun running along (in her wellies) and seeing how long it took her to run between trees! I raced her, but even in her wellies, she beat me!





We watched the runners finish the race and then headed to the cafe for a nice cup of tea with the beer tenters. We had a lovely morning and it was great to support the runners. I haven't been out running much at all this week as I've started a new job and am settling into a new routine. I am going out for a run with my friend Rachael on Saturday morning and I am really looking forward to getting back out!

No comments:

Post a Comment