Wednesday 2 October 2013

Autumn Jog

First post of the month. First jog of the month!

This morning I decided to go out for a jog to start my day. After my success on Monday evening I decided to skip week 2 of the podcast as week 3 was closer to what I did at running group on Monday (I know you aren't supposed to skip weeks but I want to challenge myself a little and didn't want to do less than the last time).

After the warm up walk I had to jog for 90 seconds, which felt like it was over no sooner than I'd started. That made me feel good, as last week I struggled with 60 seconds!! After my next walk I had to jog for 3 minutes. I struggled slightly with this but pushed on through, after the walk the cycle repeated. The second 3 minute jog was very hard! Partly as I was getting tired and partly as I was running into the wind. Part of me wanted to give up and walk at 2 minutes (and let's face it who would have known if I did?!) but I kept going until the lady on the podcast told me I could walk again. I was so proud of myself for not giving up! In total I walked/jogged 2.27 miles (as run keeper tells me). I was pleased with this and felt energised for the rest of the morning. I still can't believe that I am enjoying jogging so much! To think that just a few weeks ago I would have laughed if you'd told me that I would get up and go out for a run!  This just goes to show that Henry Ford was indeed right.. "If you think you can or you think you can't, you're right" - I used to say "I can't run" which is exactly why I didn't. Now that I have decided I can run, I am proving to myself that is true! (And enjoying it in the process!)

I enjoyed being out in the autumn air this morning. The leaves are falling from the trees as the season changes. I love the autumn colours so I took a photo of some fallen leaves.




Also, following my mam's suggestion I used a safety pin to attach my front door key to my clothes and found this to be rather successful! Saves me buying anything fancy for now haha (though I am buying running things quite often - including a health and fitness magazine from asda last night - think I'm going a little mad hehe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment