Sunday 22 September 2013

Happy Feet!

This morning, after breakfast my mam and I decided to go for a walk as it was nice and sunny. I didn't want to jog/walk today, as I reported yesterday my trainers aren't comfortable, but I knew that I would be fine just walking. We went on a brisk walk round the local lake and the weather was lovely. We walked two miles in total and really enjoyed it. I did manage to sting my hand on a nettle though (talking more than concentrating on how close I was to the foliage!) but it hasn't deterred me!

This afternoon after lunch we went to the metro centre and I got properly fitted for trainers (and insoles) so I feel like a proper runner now! The lady in the shop said it was really sensible to get fitted with trainers before I properly start my training as there's less chance of injury :-) thank you to everyone who highlighted the importance of this to me. I want my feet to be happy! :)

I can't wait to get out for my next jog to try them out! I was hoping for pink trainers (as its the Giving Voice and NETA colour) but I do like my blue trainers very much!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment